Filed under Campus, News, Sports, Volleyball

Pierce College hosts state championship volleyball game

Denise Yochum
Contributing Writer 

Dear College Community,

You may have heard that Pierce College will be hosting the WIAA 2A State Volleyball Championships on Friday and Saturday, Nov. 9 and 10, at the FS HEC.
This is the first time that Pierce College has had the opportunity to host a state championship event, and it will be quite an undertaking.
The HEC will be fully taken over by the WIAA to run the state championship, and as a result, will have some impact on our normal flow of academics and events.

The HEC will shut down on Thursday, Nov. 8 at 12:00p.m. for set up of the event.  There will be no classroom, fitness center, gym, or locker room use in the facility until Monday, Nov. 12.  Academic classes in the HEC will move to other buildings on campus for their Friday sessions.  Most of the event spectators will use the South Parking Lot and South Overflow Lot.   The Dental Hygiene parking lot will be used for event staff and team parking on Friday and Saturday.

If there are any areas of questions or concerns, please direct them to me; otherwise Duncan and Doug will be on-site full-time for the event, and any logistical questions can be directed to them.

We look forward to a great community and state event, and know that this will be attracting students and bringing Pierce College to the forefront of students and parents minds when they are choosing a college.

Go Raiders!

Thanks,
Denise

Denise Yochum
President
Pierce College Fort Steilacoom
(253) 964-6776