Filed under Other, Sports

The Mariners plan to make a positive change

Marqus Ellis
Staff Writer

Trusting in the Mainers reconstruction blueprint will take both faith and patience but the fans have heard it all before and after six last places finishes in the past eight years, they want results not the promise of change.

The club house of the Seattle Mariners are wondering when they will get their own sweet taste of a world series pennet, or at least a division title that they can be proud of.

Hoping to put the embarrassing 67-95 records behind them, the Mariners have set out and brought in a few younger players to help out their line up.

First baseman Justin Smoak, designated hitter Jesus Montero and Second baseman Dustin Ackley are a few of the new players that the Mariners are hoping to turn around the season and contribute to the run to the play offs in October.

Veteran right fielder Ichiro Suzuki, who has become a household name over past years to the fans, pitcher Kevin Millwood, and Jason Vargas will try to help mold and use their experience to drive this ball club to a slightly more positive destination this season.

The Mariners are sitting at a 16-22 record this season, and are placing fourth right now in the American League Division and have some work to do to improve their chances of making it into the post season this year.

On the road for the greater part of this month, playing in Cleveland, Colorado, and Texas should pose a challenge to the new younger looking team but the ball club is ready to take the mission headfirst.

With Felix Hernandez on the Pitchers mound, Suzuki catching in the outfield, hotdogs and beer in the stands, you can feel its getting to be baseball season around Safeco field.