Greg Finel becomes Pierce College Volleyball’s Head Coach

Assistant coach moves up

February 10, 2016

Pierce College is pleased to announce the selection of Greg Finel as the new head coach for the Raider Volleyball program. Finel served as an assistant coach with the Raiders this past season, helping lead the team to their first appearance at the NWAC Championships since 2012.

Finel has coached club ball the past six years. He has been with the Lake Tapps Volleyball Club (LTVC) the past four years, and was with Above the Net for two years before joining LTVC. His club teams have won two bids to participate at Nationals, and many of his players have earned college scholarships. Finel is also an accomplished player and coach in beach volleyball.

“We are extremely fortunate to have Coach Finel take over the reins of the program,” said Pierce College Athletic Director Duncan Stevenson. “He provided a great deal of leadership this past season in his role as assistant coach, and we see nothing but great things for the program in the year ahead. His passion for the sport of volleyball, and his approach to developing the skills and abilities of young women in a positive team environment are a formula for success for Raider Volleyball.”

“I am truly excited about the opportunity to be named as the head coach of the Pierce College Volleyball program,” said Finel.  “I look forward to developing the program, continuing our success from 2015, and growing our Raider Volleyball Family.​”

A native of Washougal, Wash., Finel attended at Clark College and Eastern Washington University. He currently works as a branch manager for Randstad Staffing, and lives in Puyallup with his wife and their two sons.