Theme Nights Give Back

Basketball team to grant free game entry to scouts, community members, military veterans

February 4, 2016

The basketball team is trying something different to bring in more people from the community to the games.

On certain nights there will be a theme that will celebrate people in the community.

“Our first game was to welcome all those in the community that had employers in medical facilities,” said Jeff Beha, the theme nights organizers. “They are people that do not get enough attention for all their work. It was also a good way to invite those such as Nursing and Dental Hygienist here at the college to our games.”

Many people are in classes with the basketball players. They are as much a part of this school as anyone and they found that this is a perfect way to give back, including to our military personnel and families.

“Pierce College has been a leader in bringing people from Joint Base Lewis-McChord to learn at our college,” said Beha. The team hosted an event dedicated to the Armed forces last week. “It is a great way to give them the recognition they need in a very easy way.”

Those who represent the theme of the night gets free admission to the game. At halftime the team recognizes the individuals of the night. Normal ticket costs are free with Pierce student ID and children under the age of 12, $6 for adults, and $4 for military, seniors, and non Pierce students.  

The next game will be hosting “Women’s in Sports Night” on Wed., February 10, 2016. The goal is to bring national attention to the promise of girls and women in sports.