Filed under A&E, Food Reviews

Joeseppi’s, from district senate to restaurants

Joeseppis owner, Joe stortini, has been in the restaurant business for almost 20 years, but it wasn’t always about food.
Stortini started his career as a teacher and after years of instructing American Government classes he decided to run for the 27 District Senate Position and won. After a 24-year political career, Joe decided that he wanted to open a restaurant.
The first restaurant he opened was called Mama Stortini’s in University Place, but he sold it after five years. Then there was the opening of Joeseppis.
Joeseppis is a great family restaurant run by a loving family. When patrons walk into Joeseppis, they have the choice of sitting in the main restaurant or eating in their New York style Italian deli.
Half of the deli’s menu is only available before 5 p.m., and the other half after 5 p.m.
The deli offers anything from meatball sandwiches and an Italian roast beef dip to pizza. Every sandwich comes with a choice of potato chip, soup, salad or Parmesan cheese fries.

Throughout his life Joe Stortini has been a teacher, senator and now owns a great Italian restaurant

Joeseppis’ pizzas are also offered on the main restaurant’s menu. Anything from the classic marguerite to the ham and pineapple or even garlic chicken made with a homemade Alfredo sauce.
In the main restaurant Joeseppis offers a number of appetizers to choose from such as crab, shrimp and artichoke dip, Calamari and Garlic Cheese bread.
When it comes to the main entrees, Joeseppis offers a variety of pastas and sauces as well as other Italian classics.
If you are a pasta lover, Joeseppis’ cheese tortellini with Alfredo sauce has been one of the best pasta plates I’ve had in a long time, and their large portions satisfy even the hungriest of customers. A plate of pasta can feed two people or serve as lunch for the next day.
On their entrée menu, Joeseppis offers chicken cacciatore and eggplant parmigiana, which is available in both chicken and veal. They also offer a Salmon fillet, Rib-eye steak, five-layer lasagna and pasta primavera.
Every entrée or pasta dinner comes with your choice of house salad or soup and fresh bread with garlic butter.
Joeseppis offers a salad and soup menu with five different types of salads and two soups. During this cold and flu season, Joeseppis’ Cheese tortellini and chicken soup is a must. Hot chicken broth with huge pieces of chicken breast, cheese tortellini and spices sure makes this soup a favorite.
The restaurant’s side menu offers Italian sausage links, Parmesan cheese fries and Joeseppis famous meatballs. The meatballs come in an order of two, topped with their homemade marinara sauce and a bunch of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Joeseppis is a restaurant with a great atmosphere, and for those lucky patrons offered the VIP table, they receive a free appetizer and photos the whole family can enjoy.
The restaurant is walk-in, but if people are with large groups, they are more than welcome to call for a reservation. For more information visit their website www.joeseppis.com or give them a call at 253-716-5555.

Written by Krizia Rodriguez