Dental Clinic provides low-cost care

Pierce College Dental Hygiene Clinic provides low-cost, gentle care for low-income and uninsured families, seniors

With the economy slumping and more and more families losing their dental insurance, regular dental care can be difficult to afford. Pierce College Fort Steilacoom continues to be an option for struggling adults and families by offering lower-cost, basic dental care services at its on-campus Dental Hygiene Clinic.

Students are now recruiting adults, seniors, and children for summer and fall appointments. The Pierce College clinic offers such services as:

• Comprehensive evaluation of oral health and teeth;
• Preventative teeth cleaning for both children and adults;
• X-rays;
• Sealants;
• Desensitizing;
• Treatment for adult patients with infrequent dental care and/or periodontal disease (dependent on the extent of the disease);
• Amalgam (silver) or composite (white) fillings (dependent on severity).

Dental hygiene students are able to perform these and other critical services at a cost that is more manageable for working individuals and families, and seniors. The students practice under the guidance and expertise of the highly qualified dental hygiene faculty, and the dental hygiene clinic works with area dentists and other low-fee clinics to refer patients for additional treatment when necessary.

To access these lower-cost services, contact the dental hygiene program at (253) 964-6694 to schedule a free screening. From there, if you are accepted for treatment in the program, a customized treatment plan will be devised and appointments will be scheduled.
Students schedule their own appointments with patients directly. Since the appointment times align with Pierce College’s academic calendar, this is a perfect time to get started.

Payment is required at the time of service. Medicaid/DSHS coupons are accepted.
To schedule an appointment or for more information, call (253) 964-6694 or visit the clinic website at www.pierce.ctc.edu/studentlife/dental.

Comments