Raiders Baseball is on the Horizon

January 25, 2017

The road to the NWAC championship tournament starts now. The tournament will be held May 25th- 29th at David Story field in Longview, WA. The Raiders have started training for the upcoming season.

Pierce comes into the season with a few returning players that had one of the Raiders better seasons last year. The Raiders ended last year on 3rd place of the NWAC tournament. 2016 was Pierce’s most successful season since their 2014 campaign where they went 22-3.

On February 17th at 6 pm, the Raiders will host their sixth annual Baseball Dinner Auction. “Meet the Raider Baseball Team while enjoying dinner and bidding on an exciting array of live and silent auction items”-Raider athletic website.

Pierce’s first game of the season is at home against Bellevue on March 4th at 11 am. The very next day these two teams square off with a double header with Pierce on the road.

Baseball fan and student Manny Cuadrado talked about the upcoming season. “They have to keep their minds on a championship but not forget you need to take each game one at a time.” Puyallup student Sean Phillips also commented on the team. “You play to win and this is a team that plays for each other. It will serve them well in big time moments.”

Pierce has a lot of hype surrounding its team and the students are very excited to cheer their team to the championship.