I was sitting on my boyfriends lap while kissing and he had an erection. Would I be able to tell if he ejaculated or pre-ejaculated? And could I get pregnant from this? We were both fully clothed but I had a little vaginal wetness from getting "turned on". I also masturbated afterwards. I don't think I saw anything on him because he had grey sweatpants on.

If you and your boyfriend both had clothes on, then you are not going to get pregnant from sitting on his lap even if he ejaculated. And no, you cannot always tell for certain whether a man has ejaculated if he is still wearing clothes like underwear and sweatpants. Even if you felt a little wetness and were certain it was coming from him and not you, it could just be pre-ejaculatory fluids rather than semen itself. Although some men don’t release any noticeable amount of pre-ejaculatory fluids when they are sexually excited or turned on, other men release pretty substantial amounts – enough to soak through their clothes. Fortunately, there are no sperm in pre-ejaculatory fluids and sperm cannot fit through most clothing even though the feel of wetness can.

Finally, if you definitely do not want to become pregnant, and you and your boyfriend engage in sexual play that sometimes goes further than you planned, then you two might want to start having conversations about what kinds of sex play are or aren’t okay with you both and whether you want to look into condoms and/or other forms of birth control.